My view, over the past few decades of watching the tides, is that this is all
an evolutionary process to cull the herd of debris.  Policies have been enacted
to discourage active procreation, and spin has been induced to confound the
soft headed sorts to meander into non productive actions which will remove
their genes from the future.

Women now are working past their abilities to serve their primary reproductive
functions.  They are old, but not wise in how to assist in caring for coming
generations of humans.  Men are encouraged to do things counter to millions of
years of breeding, and the foods we consume are destroying our DNA and ability
to impregnate anyway.

Very much like the decline on Mercedes Benz cars.  They no longer are able to
survive to the point of classic, let alone vintage or antique.

clay