Yes, different phones are capable of different bands, so you need to compare
the carriers bands to your phones capabilities. That's one reason I moved to
this Moto G5+, it works on all the T-Mobile bands.

I also am able to surf internet while talking on phone, on T-Mobile.

I think you'll be happy, if you get a new phone.

Max Dillon
Charleston SC