I've told this story before, I drove a cab in college, fellow cabby told me
this.  Details getting foggy, but here's the rough story.  Fellow driving
for a different company, same town, had two unrelated passengers in his
cab, a man and a woman.  Man starts harassing the woman, IIRC he was not
touching her but was very insistent that she submit to his charms.  Despite
request from both woman and driver to lay off, man continues.  Driver stops
cab, brandishes pistol and tells the man to get out.  Man gets out, calls
cops, and cabby gets arrested in the Peoples Republic of Madison WI.

A simple enough weapon was a couple athletic socks around a few rolls of
coins.  Perfectly legal to have coins, what if I need to make change?
Swing that correctly, connect with head or neck of the perpetrator, they
will probably decide to release the strangle hold.

Max
Charleston SC