> > fmiser wrote:
> >
> > I have a new favorite caulk tube cap.
> >
> > A wire nut!!

> Max wrote:

> Hmm, I thought the threads inside a wire nut are a spring. I'm
> sceptical that will be a good seal.

The red wirenuts on the two tubes I have tried it on grab on the
plastic threads further out than the steel spring.  The seal is
very good.

It's been about 2 weeks, and I just used a bit more caulk.  Not
really even a skin, let alone getting hard down into the nozzle.
Now, two weeks isn't what I call long term, but the evidence is
that it will do better than anything else I have tried

I have use quite a few different methods, including purchased cap
things.  So far, the wirenut is better.