How do large wind mill blades preform with ice conditions?
Ice destroys aerodynamic  life quickly on airplanes, with wind turbines,
you have to contend with the balance issue caused by ice as well....
Easily, I could see a self destruct happening with strong winds and ice...
in AK....

Hmmm,, not a perfect world for alternate energy,,,, yet again..