Agreed! 123s look better. 124s don't look bad, they just look more modern.  The modern look started with the W126.  No other car designed in the 70s from any maker has the modern look.   126 and 124s still look 'in" style.  I'd rather drive a 126 or 123 for long distances, but a 124 is ok.   124s remind me of the Karmann Ghia, where you left foot was nearly in front of your right hip.

I don't know if 124 Diesels will ever go up that much, but the floptops will, and AMG and E420 up might.

Dwight Giles via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 29, 2020 at 11:12 AM
After the 123's peak, then 124's will go up-but I don't think they are as
classi c in styleas the 123's.
YMMV
I have had both and my 124 was the best car I ever owned.
Dwight
Dwight E. Giles Jr.
Wickford RI