Indiana still has them, although they’re quite relaxed compared to when I was a
kid.

When we moved to Wisconsin in 1988 we were amazed at the difference. In
Wisconsin you can buy pretty much anything in the way of liquor at grocery and
convenience stores, and all between the hours of 6:00 am to 3:00 am, or
something to that effect. Kids could be in bars, even sit and be served (food
or non-alcoholic drinks) at the bar. In Indiana you had to have a wall
separating the bar from the dining room in a restaurant that served liquor, and
no one under 21 was allowed in the bar. Liquor, wine and beer could only be
sold in a liquor store.

No liquor sales on Sundays, either. I believe that one is still in place.

-D