I still mourn the demise of my /8 220D.  Other than the floor cancer and other
tin worm issues, she was a joy to drive.  Manual, no options, just worked.  I
did take her on the freeway quite a bit and she had no issue keeping up with
traffic and even hit her near redline of 84mph for ten miles on a barren
stretch of road.  She was much happier at 70.

clay