fish tapes work well in long runs of conduit... The fiberglass rods work way better when you need to push, as well as pull.   The fish  tape does not push, inless it is in something like conduit.

dan--- via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
February 13, 2020 at 2:52 PM
I have a fish tape.

Ideally, I wanted to run the cable inside the aluminum soffit to the center of the garage (soffit) and then do a straight shot (right angle to front of garage) from that point across the garage to the utility room where my data frame is located.

Getting the soffit open was more of an ordeal than I expected. This is the standard perforated aluminum soffit that runs in a couple of channels on each side. To loosen up one side I have to pull nails out of the aluminum fascia so I can release that side of the soffit. Ugh.

Also, since there’s nothing above the soffit, I’ve got nothing to attach the camera to, unless there’s a stringer in the corner, which there probably is. If I could open the soffit I would just put a board across it to provide a place to secure the camera mount.

I’m still not sure how I’m going to go about this. Grr.

-D