The great thing about a grease gun is the control you've got...
-Curt

    On Friday, February 14, 2020, 1:26:20 PM EST, Craig via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 12:07:53 -0600 Curley McLain via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Has anyone come up with a way to free up stuck calipers so they can be
> rebuilt?   I have 3 of them  that need to be freed up.    I've tried
> soaking in solvent and mechanical.  I can get the pucks to turn a
> little, but not to come out.     They are all 124 rears.
>
> Vinegar soak?
> coca cola soak?
> sulferic acid soak?
>
> Anyone BTDT?
>
> A could throw them out, but if I can fix em, I can use em some  day.

When I came upon this situation at the end of my conversion of our
'82 240D to a 240D/3.0, I opted to buy new calipers and, since we were
going to be moving, threw the old ones away.

I did not know at that time about Kroil. Have you tried Kroil and
compressed air?

Better would be Kroil and brake fluid by connecting them to the car's
hydraulic line or to a pressure pack (which might be a grease gun -- fill
the caliper with brake fluid, put a zerk on the supply hole, and pump
grease into the caliper, which can get up to 10,000 psi.).

Craig