> On Feb 15, 2020, at 10:55 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> I really don’t want to put together something for him because then I will
> have to deal with it forever.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

^^^^^
This.

Eldest’s son’s E320 CDI will be my last. I’m waiting for the thing to grenade,
as he patently refuses to maintain the car despite my efforts to provide parts
and knowledge - not that he doesn’t try. For instance:

I’m at the old house working my *ss off cleaning the place out. He comes over
in his car, pops the hood and tinkers for a few minutes before asking me,
shoulders deep in cleaning, “Can I put that glow plug thing in now?”

Grrr.

At the time my stuff (tools and such) are spread between two houses, both
garages are piled to the rafters with stuff, and I’m clearly engaged in getting
moving things done. When I reply to the negative, he’s mad because I won’t help
him. Oy.

Last week, same thing. He wants to work on car, again to put the glow plug
controller in. Garage is stacked to the hilt with stuff and clearly
inaccessible. He could put the car on ramps and install glow plug controller in
the driveway, but that’s not good enough. Again, I’m the scapegoat.

He’s rummaging around in my oil supply. I have a jug of Mobil 1 diesel whatever
that’s specifically for that car. I point it out to him. “My buddy says you
don’t have to use that stuff in the car, you can use (something else) that’s a
lot cheaper and easier to find.” My response: “Use what you like. This is what
the owner’s manual says to use, so that’s why I used it. Of course your buddy
is far smarter than the guys and gals who built this."

Told the wife I’m done with it. She agrees. So now I wait for the car to
grenade.

It’s tough having experience and decades of institutional knowledge.

-D