You missed part, the 50,000 hours is at max capacity. There are no moving
parts, they don't just quit at that point, their capacity starts to degrade and
continues for at least 30 years.
Our oldest panel is going on, I think, 5 years and, since my dad bought it, you
can bet its the cheapest Chinesium available.
-Curt

    On Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 1:44:33 PM EST, Rick Knoble via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 Curly sez>

>We can assume a 20 yr amortization for the solar >stuff. That will tell us the
>gross profit.

20 year amortization? You are being mighty generous. LEDs made from Chinesium
are supposed to last 50,000 hours. Many fail within a year or two. Do you
really think those solar panels will still function, let alone not be obsolete
after seven years?

Rick