> On February 21, 2020 at 5:01 PM Jim Cathey via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> > He said they were wonderful for teaching people to drive a standard
> > transmission because the diesel had enough torque at low rpm that it was
> > very difficult to stall it.
>
> Arguably the exact opposite of what you want.

Mom let me stall her 1977 Nova 10-20 times starting out on a hill when I was
15. I didn't want to drag the clutch, I wanted to get it right. When I finally
got it right once I was set for life. I think I impressed the SoS (DMV) tester
that I took my road test with a 3 on the tree. (which was a lot easier than the
F100 with a cap on the back would have been, but harder than my brother's Mazda
GLC that I'd done most of my driving in).

Mitch.