A buddy of mine bought an Optimum blender from a guy in UK off ebay not thinking it will have the UK plug and their voltage (duh).  It is like a Vitamix but apparently better and more powerful, from an Aussie company but made in Taiwan.  AC220V-240V 50-60Hz rated 1500W, 3HP 2238W motor which is fairly powerful for a blender!

So the question is how to run it on US power.  I guess UK is now 230V single phase which means 230V hot<->neutral not like US 220V which is hot<-->hot across the 180deg phases.  Could you plug a UK appliance into a US 220V outlet (with proper adapter, or a new plug on the wire, paying attention to hot, neutral, ground wires) without frying it? (I'm guessing probably not).

Would it be possible to rewire the motor somehow to run on 110V? (I'm guessing not). I know some of my 110V stationary shop tools can run on 220V if you do something on the motor or switch wiring but I have never done that, going the other direction would be possible I guess?

Or just go buy a converter and run it off that? http://www.gohz.com/2000w-voltage-converter

He was going to contact the company and see what they might recommend.  I was thinking if they sell their products in 110V countries (which might not be so) they would either have different motors or some alternative wiring scheme.

--
--FT