The UK has MUCH more rigid standards for plugs than we do. Their plug has been
3 prongs and the current standard looks to have been in use since 1947...
-Curt

    On Monday, February 24, 2020, 10:04:56 AM EST, Craig via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 08:48:40 -0500 Allan Streib via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> fmiser via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> writes:
>
> > If it is two prong power cord (no ground) then the neutral could
> > be connected to the chassis.  That would be bad.  It would make
> > the blender case 120 V above earth ground.
>
> Worth checking, but I'd be very surprised if a kitchen appliance were
> set up that way. Even with polarized plugs, too much risk that someone
> will have an outlet or extension cord wired backwards. Double-insulation
> on tools/appliances that don't have a third-wire ground has been the
> standard for quite a long time.

Yes, in the United States, but not necessarily in the United Kingdom.

Craig