Back in January/February I bought a 1990 300SEL. This car has the M103
engine for which many people have strong opinions (both good and bad).
Well, I really enjoyed the car, it is roomy and extremely well appointed
and comfortable. Plus, I just think it is a good looking car.  At any
rate, I was ready for the slow acceleration from the 3.0  six cylinder.
After all, it doesn't have all that much horsepower and less torque and
the 126 LWB is a big heavy car.

I picked the car up in Florida and drove it back to Kansas.  I enjoyed
driving it, but during the 14 hour days of driving I couldn't really
appreciate it or love it. I just wanted to get home.

While the 103 motor is not exactly zippy around town, I loved it on the
highway.  I took it on a long trip this past weekend and put about 1000
miles on it.   It is such a great highway performer and very comfortable
to drive.  I don't think I have ever had a car that I could drive 7-8
hours straight without stopping and stretching and fighting an aching
back or legs.  If I didn't have to stop for gas or nature's call --I
could drive forever in this car.  I now know why so many 126 owners rave
about these cars.   Now if we could just do something about the gas
mileage.  I guess I am going to have to get an SDL.

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 126K