> Kaleb wrote:

> This 240D I just picked up has a dead clutch.  As in, it just
> goes straight to the floor.

The car is useless.  I'll take it off your hands 'cause I'm such a
nice guy. [smiles]

> I have never dealt with clutch issues before. Does the master
> and slave cylinders need to be replaced or any sort of testing
> to determine the issue?

Master cylinder pulls brake fluid from aft reservoir.  Make sure
the fluid level is above the clutch outlet hose.

Chances are it's the master cylinder because there is no place for
the fluid to go if the slave is leaking - except out and so the
leak would be obvious.

There are two different length clutch rods - and at least three
different manufacturers with incompatible piston-to-rod types.

The system won't bleed unless the master cylinder goes _all_ the
way out (pedal up) so if the rod is just a bit too long - no bleed.