2006 in the subject line. A VW of that vintage wouldn't have DEF which doesn't
have anything to do with the fuel system anyway.
I do think if they ran it for any amount of time on gas the lift pump has
probably croaked. If it's electric it's probably relatively easy to replace.
Apply power directly, if it won't chooch then swap it.

Curt
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 8:55 PM, G Mann via Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:   How new is the truck?  Is it a DEF truck? If it is, it has other
sensors
involved in the fuel system which would have potentially been destroyed, if
was driven enough there was a DEF purge cycle started...
If that is the case... tow it to dealer only and have the tow truck
followed by a Brinks truck... to bail out the DEF diesel truck after dealer
gets done replacing the fuel system components.
[sounds like it might have been driven for a while after gas was inserted
into diesel tank which is the "kiss of death" on common rail computer
controlled engine]

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 5:28 PM Dan Penoff via Mercedes <