There is likely a sizeable body of law regarding access to beaches and coastal
islands that has been built up since WW-2 in coastal states; especially in
Florida. Over the years I've read many stories about closed access to the St.
Petersburg and Clearwater Florida beaches with variable decisions.
Under the current circumstances I would bet that they can get away with it.