I heard last friday that a recent USAF retiree friend, who is working
 at the sporting goods big box store none of us buy from in Houston.
 He said he had sold 18 registered arms that day.   Saturday and Sunday
 were sales of 35each day.   I've not heard since then but I gather
 sales are still many times higher than normal.   I needed some caps
 and stopped in the local store Wed, and it was like a zoo, and the
 rack was getting bare.   See article below:  It says that in bernie's
 home state sales are 40 times normal!    Think anyone there is scared
 of him?

 Chinese Virus a Better Gun Salesman than Barack Obama

Well, we’ve finally found a salesman that topped Barack Obama’s ability to drive Americans to their local gun shops: The Chinese Wuhan Coronavirus. Even gun-hating liberals are now lining up to purchase their first-ever gun in many places.

Some are hilariously discovering that you cannot, in fact, buy a gun online. “You mean… Chuck Schumer…/lied to me?!/” Here’s a roundup of the incredible demand that Americans suddenly have for firearms. And as you’ll see from the video below, even Californians are waiting in long lines at the gun shop!

First, gun sales have now officially doubled year-to-year. Last Monday, the FBI reported that background checks on gun purchases have spiked by 300%. That’s creating a backlog of NICS investigations.

In terms of gun buyers, if you’ve never had a problem with a background check, you should be good to go if you try to purchase a firearm right now. But… if a ‘hold’ is triggered, the FBI normally takes up to three days to investigate and determine whether that purchaser is authorized to buy a gun or not. The FBI now says that “three days” has been stretched out to “we’ll get back to you sometime in the future.”

While you can’t buy firearms online, you can purchase ammunition over the internet in many states. Ammo.com has released its statistics from the past week, and it’s pretty impressive. The site ships ammo to 47 states, excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Massachusetts and California. They describe demand as “staggering” – like nothing they’ve ever seen previously.

Ammunition sales in Vermont and Delaware are up 4,000%. That’s not a typo. Oklahoma, Louisiana and Mississippi sales have increased between 1,001 and 2,000%. Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Wyoming, Nebraska and Maine are up 501 to 1,000%. Most other states are in the 101 to 500% increase range.

States that are buying the lowest amounts from Ammo.com are North and South Dakota, and West Virginia, where sales have only increased by a measly 100%. I guess they were ready in those states.

And after all is said and done, the Second Amendment does use the words “necessary to the security of a free state!”

https://www.americangunnews.com/chinese-virus-a-better-gun-salesman-than-barack-obama/