Most of the better cabinets are solid wood doors/face frames and “A” grade
plywood cabinets. Yes, there are ones out there that are particle board but
they’re typically the really low end stuff.

We had granite countertops in our last house and really liked them. I can’t
recall breaking anything on them in the near 10 years we had them. Beat the
heck out of these awful Formica countertops we currently have. Ugh.

-D