I put it in my 83 300TD. The only problem was figuring out which wires to connect where. It works great but only has a full up and full down position. On the original if you have the switch in the middle position it only went up half way and for full up you had to push the switch to the up position. This antenna does not have the extra wire or the solenoid to do the half way. I could never see the point of that on the original antenna as the radio reception would be lousy except if the station was close so I always had it in the full up position anyway.

MG

Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
You need to report back on how this worked out, and what car you used it on.
Looks like it could be an economical replacement for the Hirschmann.

-D