Mitch Haley via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> writes:

> Are you talking about Castrol Z1 (very outdated Honda spec) or Multi
> Vehicle Import (not the right stuff, might be good enough might be not)?

The latter. Says on the container that it meets Z1 and DW-1 Honda spec.

Yes I know there's some supposed magic in the Honda fluid but I'm not
sure I believe it. Our Odyssey got only Honda fluid and its transmission
blew up at similar mileage, though with different symptoms.

Even the owner's manual says you can use Dexron III if the Honda fluid
is unavailable.

Allan