I really hate dealing with the 90s vintage mirrors, the ones that are
adjustable and held in place with the spring wire. Some can be replaced in a
matter of seconds, while the next one takes you 30 minutes.

I had to R&R the passenger side mirror on the ML500 as a buddy got me the LED
turn signal piece that goes in the mirror housing from a knacker. The mirror
came out easily enough, and amazingly went right back in. The last one I did I
had to fiddle with for a good 10 minutes.

-D