There is this old guy I know who has this 85 300CD.  He has owned it about 25 years and bought it in CA. He has asked me about it in the past looking for parts etc. The other day he said he might be interested in selling it so I went and looked at it today.  Car has been sitting about 5 years, he just parked it under a carport and quit driving it.  All the tires were flat although tires themselves looked good.  Zero rust.  Paint is pretty good but has some light fading in a couple of spots on the hood. Might clean up, not sure.  It is a smoke silver with tan leather.  Leather is in great shape, even the back of the back seat.  Had around 250k miles on it.  Needs a new rear bumper as the chrome is peeling off.  Wheels are chromed and peeling.  Battery is very dead.  Guy says the front end has been rebuilt, new radiator, new ac compressor.  I have seen the car around town but this is the first time seeing it up close.  Being that it was a CA model I was expecting to see that funky CA air cleaner but it had a regular air cleaner.  It was probably swapped out would be my guess.  He said he was either going to sell it or put about $3k in it and get it going again.  I asked him want he wanted for it and of course he did not have an amount in mind.  I threw out a $2k offer which I thought was very fair but he did not take it.  Just said he would think about it.  He has a figure of $7500 thru $12k for these in really nice shape.  I agree maybe these are listed for that but not sure if they actually sell for that.  Needless to say a deal was not made but I sure would like to have this car.  This now has me wanting a 300D turbo, would not mind a CD.