74/75 are pretty bad if they have the catastrophic converter.  Djet is a system
best left to experts.  Not something to be trifled with from the amount of cash
it sucked out of my wallet.  The ’76 may not be a really bad SL, as it went
back to mechanical injection, but does have the cat.  Swap an older set of
pipes off the headers, and no more trouble with cooking the engine bay.

I am of an opinion that as long as the car runs and seems all there, then the
older SL is just as good a purchase as could be made.  At this point, all the
R107 are at least 31 years old and going to be somewhere on the basket case
spectrum.  As my indy told me after performing PPI, drive it into the ground,
it will cost too much to make it perfect.

> On May 2, 2020, at 12:59 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> I thought 74 and 75 were the years to avoid due to the cats under the hood
> and the d jet
>
> Sent from my iPhone

clay

I have no pronouns please do not refer to me.