From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Potter, Tom E
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 8:49 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] AC Compressor 81 300SD

It is the same Frigidaire R4 compressor that is used on some GM
vehicles. Check the number on your compressor. This topic has surfaced
before and the number is in the archives somewhere, I'm sure.

I was advised by knowledgeable A/C technicians to get a new compressor
as the rebuilt ones tended to leak. I took the advice, and mine was
working fine 5 years later when my '81 300D was totaled.

Tom Potter