Yeah, I remember those well. Usually on the roof of the store in the back.
Architects used to like to put the generators in those equipment rooms, too.
Lousy place to work.

Next best place was on the side of the loading dock, typically near the bailer
used for the waste cardboard.

Stop in to do maintenance or repair on their generator set.

“Hey, where’s your generator located?”

“On the side of the loading dock, next to the bailer.”

(Walk back to the loading dock, no generator in sight. Get the stock boys to
move the massive pile of broken down boxes waiting to be bailed to find the
generator underneath. Safety first, guys!)

-D