I'm with you. I read almost all the emails and those that don't interest me at the first few words get the trash bag.

MG

Allan Streib via Mercedes wrote:
I like seeing the pointers to cars for sale, because I don't use
Facebook nor do I have the time to browse craigslist, copart, hemmings,
eBay, et. al. in their hundreds of locales.

I also like knowing whether people think something is priced high, low,
or about right. I don't have a barometer on that myself. Though
admittedly with an older car it's much more about the condition and
history of the specific example than it is about age or mileage alone.

I get a laugh out of some of them too, such as the recent "made for
Audubon."

I don't know about everyone else but I very often skip dozens of emails
just based on the subject. With the lockdown I'm reading the list a bit
more, but earlier this year I would maybe open about 10% of the emails.

Maybe those of us who don't want to see these can set up a filter in our
own email account to put them in a separate folder or auto-trash them or
whatever.

Allan

Randy Bennell via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> writes:

OK, I am sticking my neck out here because I am going to complain about the list.

It is really going downhill and if this continues we will fade away.

I am tired of reading about how people think that anyone offering an old Mercedes for sale is on crack.

There is very little point in posting all of these ads for cars that we will likely never buy.

If you want to advise us of a car for sale, just tell us about it and post the link. We don't need to know that you think the vendor is on drugs.

We can form our own opinions on the subject.

Let us get back to the real original intention of this list.

Tell us about your car(s). Good or bad. Issues you have or have had and repaired.

Trips you have taken with them. Tell us stories.

Go off topic if you have something else interesting to share. Curt's Coleman stories are a good example.

Some of you are no doubt interested in other things. Don and his aircraft are an example.

RB