Who you callin a Yutz? What is a Yutz anyway? It didn't leak until I removed the AC compressor and mount. Anyway, thanks to all for the input. I will be able to check it out more thoroughly next week and let yall what I find out.
Thanks,
Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Cathey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Oil leak in front of engine

Problem; Oil appears to be leaking at a very slow rate (uses about a
quart and 1/2 between changes) from the bolt that holds the alternator
tension adjuster to the block.  The bolt is  tight as it will go and
there is about a 3/8" play between the block the adjuster and the > bolt.

Is this a blind hole in a boss into the block?  Could a yutz have
tightened a too-long bolt enough to have cracked the block there?
There shouldn't be an oil source that needs sealing off by any bolt
that holds on the alternator, that's for sure!  However this is
close to the chain tensioner, a notorious leaker, is it possible
the oil is running down from above?

-- Jim