A lot less electricity. That and they don’t produce any discernible heat,
either. That’s important in my part of the world where AC is on a good part of
the year. In my kitchen there are seven can/recessed fixtures. A day or two’s
worth of use with incandescent lamps is easily the total of the year’s
consumption of the same lamps in LED. Yes, they cost more, but even considering
the additional cost they’re still cheaper in the long run and we don’t have the
additional heat load.

It’s been my experience having used LED bulbs throughout my house for a good
five years if not longer that they do last longer than an incandescent bulb of
the same wattage and size.

Incandescent bulbs have been on the way out for a while. I believe their
production has been mandated to be either eliminated or severely reduced over
time.

-D