In the final analysis, the kinds of things fmiser mentioned are much more
important than mine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes On Behalf Of fmiser via Mercedes
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:51 AM

> Scott wrote:

> Collateral damage includes everything from suicide and drug use to
> domestic violence, to delayed disease diagnosis, to delayed medical
> procedures, to hospital near bankruptcy and unemployed health
> professionals.  Then there are the economic impacts like unpaid bills
> and social damage like lost education.

That doesn't even touch on the loss of liberty, intrusion on freedom, and
the "mommy state" telling us what we can and cannot do.  "Wear your jacket!"
"Don't go outside until you put on your Wellingtons!"  "I'm cold, you need
to wear a jacket."

Freedom means the individual gets to choose what they think is best - even
if they are wrong.

If someone feels they are at risk, they can stay home.  Or wear a mask.  Or
keep 12 ft away.  But don't force me to hide under my bed because you are
afraid, and I won't force you to leave your house and take off your
breathing mask.