From: Mercedes On Behalf Of Allan Streib via Mercedes
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 4:47 PM
To: Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Allan Streib <astr...@indiana.edu>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Water heater replacement

In my experience, the tanks always leak eventually. This has been the only
reason I've ever needed to replace a water heater. But they last far longer
than 5 years unless maybe you have some really corrosive water.

Also the tank will likely have a replaceable sacrificial anode, which most
people are not aware of but if you replace that as needed, in theory the tank
should not corrode.

The heater I replaced last week was original to the house, over 20 years old.

Allan