Last time I bought a 30lb bottle of R134a it was $100 at the local auto
parts store.  This comes out to $3.33/lb compared $8.33/lb buying those
12oz cans.

Lots of savings to buy a proper refrigerant scale to use it.

Jaime

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 9:32 AM Craig via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 08:17:54 -0400 Dan Penoff via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > That’s what I do. My consumption of R-134a is sporadic, so I didn’t
> > want to bother with a 30 lb. tank and having to buy a scale. I buy
> > nothing but DuPont SUVA so I know I’m not getting floor sweepings.
>
> Have you been burned by low-cost freon before?
>

> > I just bought a case of 12 cans on eBay shipped for $75. Not bad,
> > considering what time of year it is.
>
> I just looked for it and found a listing from alaskaflorida for $74 and a
> listing by 305auto2012 for 36 cans for $204.99.
>

> Craig

Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/