Agreed. I’ve known a number of people with various models of Hondas from the
early 2000s on that have had serious issues. CRVs have exploding AC systems,
for example.

I’ve had a 2001 Nissan Altima from new, a 2006 Mazda 6 from new, and A couple
of Ford Focii used and all of them were solid vehicles with little to no
issues. Granted, you can always get a clunker, but you’re hedging your bets
with cars like these.

Buicks with the 3.8l six are like flies on dookey around here because of their
popularity wit the blue hairs. Same goes for Grand Marquis and the Ford
equivalent, but those often have V8s and I want a car that’s economical, not a
gas guzzler.

I don’t have a particular penchant for a given Buick model, the Lucernes seem
to be fairly common in the pre-2010 time frame and are solid, well built cars
with nice interiors and amenities. The drive train is proven and fairly robust
and they’re cheap and easy to repair. An Asian car like a Nissan Altima would
probably be a four banger, which I’m not keen about from a power standpoint but
they’re pretty simple and bulletproof.

We’ll see. He may throw me a curve when I talk to him tonight. I’m pretty well
leaning Buick or Nissan at this point. He’a a big guy, too, so cabin space is a
consideration.

Thanks, everyone! Keep those suggestions coming.

-D