I have a clone of that, paid about $30 on eBay or Amazon.  Works ok.  Used it
last night to find that the compressor front seal is leaking on my '95 E300.

They are probably not as accurate for small leaks like a professional tool, but
useful enough for the occasional leak.  I've confirmed one bad evaporator and a
couple bad compressor seals.  Using dye works on everything but the evaporator
leaks.

Max Dillon
Charleston SC