Ever since I've had my XC-90 I've had intermittent battery drains to the
point where the car won't start. Happens infrequently, maybe once every
three or four months. Happened again today. Doesn't seem to be directly
related to how long the vehicle has been sitting, though I haven't
really tracked that. However the vehicle was last driven two days ago in
this case.

Had the battery tested last time this happened, and it tested like a new
battery. No issues identified.

Tried a search on the issue and came upon this:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?452265-Disablling-Sirius-Satellite-Draining-Battery

The claim is that the Sirius tuner in the radio will continually scan
for a signal regardless of whether the car or radio is on or
not. Apparently a software update is available to fix this but may have
a cost.

Seems suspect to me that the radio would be doing this when not on. And
it would have to be a pretty significant current draw to drain the
battery in a day or two, which seems unlikely for a digital radio
receiver.

Anyone heard of anything like this on any other cars?

Allan