> Allan wrote:

> Honda Element transmission went out and left me on the side of
> the road tonight.

I'm totally unfamiliar with the mechanicals of that car.

> Anyone familiar with Jasper transmissions?

Very large rebuilder of engines and transmissions.  Stock builds
only, from what I could find.

> DIY rebuild feasible? Never done that.

Automatic transmissions are doable.  Lots of small parts,
hydraulic system so clean is really important.  The only ones I've
done are GM longitudinal, non-electronic.  Very few specialty
tools needed for those.  For a Honda?  I don't know.