> Kaleb wrote:

> ...have pumped the crap out the brake pedal and still no pedal
> action (pedal stays down, does not come back up).  I seem to
> recall reading something about certain brands of replacement
> master cylinder the rod does not come all the way back up.  I do
> know on this one in order to attach it to the brake pedal I had
> it push the rod in maybe an 8th of an inch or so.

That's the problem.

It will ONLY bleed if the master cylinder is ALL THE WAY out.  1/16" depressed
blocked the port on mine.

> Otherwise, any other ideas for getting it bled?

I will never fill with fluid if that port is covered.  Shorten the
rod, either by adjusting the eccentric bolt or by grinding off the
end of the rod.

I think it was TRW brand that I got that I had to grind off the
rod.  It came with both a short and a long - and neither was right!