I think you're onto it with the testing comment Curt.

The testing is really NOT inspiring any confidence in the numbers.  Two old
ladies in Houston were waiting outside in the heat and humidity to get
tested after they had filled out the paperwork, got too hot and decided to
leave before getting swabbed.  Couple days later they both get notified
that they are positive.  Too many reports of testing centers in FL which
have 80% or more of the test kits reported as positive, and then when
challenged they say "oh my bad, that was 0.8x%, not 8x%".  Couple of
skeptical nurses took sterile swabs directly from package and inserted into
the lab kit (no swab, going from sterile to sterile with some air exposure
which maybe might have the virus floating around I guess) and send them in
and "surprise, you're positive for the WRD!"
Max
Charleston SC