They don't contain completely that much is pretty obvious but, since people
complain about masks restricting airflow its pretty clear that the mask reduces
the velocity of the air coming out of you which means the virus is more likely
to stick with you than to float around free.
Nobody with any brains is saying "masks prevent transmission 100%". The idea is
to reduce the speed of transmission to keep hospitals from being overloaded.
I'm pretty much in the camp that believes that we're all going to get it, its
just a matter of time. The thing is I want there to be some hospital capacity
available so that if I'm one of the people that needs hospitalization I can get
in. For that to be true we need to not do what Florida is doing...
Actually we kind of need to not do what New England is doing. MA for instance
has been seeing under 300 new cases per day for more than a month. Our
hospitals have loads of free capacity. At this rate it'll be a decade before we
get everybody infected and can get on with life.
-Curt

    On Thursday, July 23, 2020, 4:29:22 PM EDT, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes