I have a Whirlpool cheapo that had a similar issue, the drain pump would
not drain.  I replaced the drain pump, still no drain action.  Only other
parts left were the wiring and the control board.  I tested the wires, they
seemed to be fine, so I replaced the control board and the problem was
fixed.

How much is a new control board?
Max
Charleston SC