Freon? But spelled the French way.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Craig via
Mercedes
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 10:02 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: Craig
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Friant

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 12:54:28 -0400 Meade Dillon via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Friant?  Never heard of that, but I suspect that is part of the
> problem...

He probably means refrigerant ...

> > QUESTION: Last year I had the ENTIRE AC repaired on my 1985 300CD,
> > including removing the whole dash and replacing the evaporator - it
> > was the most expensive repair I've ever done on the car and I'm the
> > original owner! New compressor, relays and sensors and flaps to
> > control air flow, the works!

As someone else pointed out, he does not mention replacing the hoses.
Having gone to all that trouble and expense to get the system working
properly, if he didn't replace the hoses as well, he will have leaks,
particularly with the original hoses which were non-barrier hoses.

Craig