<<The brake rotor shown looks like one of the new Ceramic rotors Porsche has
started offering as a ~$8000 option.   Either the rotor exploded - which has
happened at times - or was broken in the accident.>>

That car was too old to have ceramic brakes. But, I've seen brake discs
broken in pieces like a dropped dinner plate. In those cases the car had been
airborne after shedding the wheel assembly. Twenty minutes after one of these
track
incidents, I picked up a piece of shattered disc and burned my fingers.

Street driven cars don't need ceramic discs. And, if you nick one when
pulling a wheel, the disc (rotor) must be replaced.

RLE