On Sat, August 29, 2020 9:57 am, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
> https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/640999040166450/

Looks like that was one of those Ultralights that really wasn't.
Wiki says 325lb, which is way more than 254lb.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baker_Supercat
So when FAA came out with the LSAs and started enforcing the UL rules,
it's a Light Sport Aircraft.

My parents' neighbor built a CGS Hawk Arrow with a big Rotax right before
the whole LSA plan was announced. The Hawk was a true UL originally, but
it would take a lot of mods including tiny wheels, ballistic chute, and
smaller engine to make an Arrow legal. (chutes weigh less than the weight
allowance for a chute, so mounting a chute is one way to make weight)

It's been sitting unused in his barn for a long time now. At a minimum,
you'd need new wing fabric before it could be flown again. In his shoes,
owning a 40 acre field behind my house to fly out of, I might have kept
flying but never ventured near airports or populated areas. But he didn't
want to get a sport pilot license and medical card, didn't want to spend a
lot of money making his plane less functional and didn't want to violate
the rules, so his $20k toy just sits. Last summer he was talking about
selling his Harley, I guess he's just too old for toys now.