Ticking time bomb

Build quality is sub par and surpassed by Kia or Hyundai.   Airmatic failures
are certain and will set you back $4k+ to remedy.  Clusters have been replaced
under recall but will fail once more and cost over $2k to replace.  Failed
cluster renders the car undrivable, since you have no idea what is going on
with speed or engine management.  Plastic coolant parts that fail leading to
overheating.  Nav/edutainment system suffers cascade failures.  Catastrophic
converters plug up to the tune of $2k each side.  They have next to no value
retention unless there is low miles, complete records of constant dealer
servicing, and it is in showroom condition.  Sealed transmission WILL leak ATF
and wick it up into the ECU

Great car to drive if it is working, but to be avoided.  If you do need a w220
get the 2006 or find a w221.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
2014 ‘yota Highlander - Haggis

retired models-
1986 SDL - Polei
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1982 SD - Allen
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers