If this is the same system as the one on my daughter's SD, the pump locks and unlocks both the doors and the gas door. So if the doors lock and unlock then the pump is not your problem.

If the tubing is good then the next place to look is the air pod for the gas door, or there could also be a bend in the rod that may be causing friction so the pod is unable to move the rod.

Patrick Atuonah via Mercedes wrote:
Thanks to Dan for your suggestion. I managed to open the fuel door.

The re is no air leak anywhere in the tubing as Max mentioned. I am
suspecting the vacuum pump in the trunk has gone south.

Anyone have a good vacuum pump laying around? This model has an orthopedic
driver's seat.
PM me if you have one.

Thanks for your help

Patrick