Put a scanner on it and see why the nannies are unhappy. If the codes are for
solenoids then that strongly suggests conductor plate. That was the problem on
the 99 $600E320.  New conductor plate, new connector, cleaned the TCM
connection (no issue there), cleared the codes, all was good.

That said, same solenoid codes are on the 99 ML320. I replaced the conductor
plate and connector, cleaned everything,  tried to clear the codes, no joy.
Maybe the TCM is bad, I haven’t swapped that out yet.

With the trans issue unknown, and an aged cheep class, $1000 would be generous
I would think.

--FT
Sent from iPhone