Go rat on it and just concentrate on the running gear, leave all the other stuff ratty as it is. Cheaper, easier, and way more cool. Then the local arrozers wouldn't know what hit them when you blast them with about a half gallon of black diesel smoke!

--R

Jim Cathey wrote:

I know I'll probably be hunted down and shot for suggesting this, but
I've often thought it would be fun to put together a 170D or 180D
street rod with the full Finnish Super Turbo setup and complete W124
suspension and running gear undercarriage treatment.  That would be
one unique vehicle.

You are a sick, sick man.  I like it!

The thing I dislike about most rods that I've seen is that the
interior is often on the who-could-live-with-it? side.  All the
effort goes into the body shop and running gear, and maybe to
the upholsterer, but little is done to make a nice instrument
package or other interior appointments.  Granted, most of them
aren't intended to be driven much, but the beauty of hot diesel
setups is how street-friendly they can be.

-- Jim