> Karl may be able to give more accurate figures, but assuming 0.30/kWh

Here in the wilds of Washington I believe it's still $0.055/kWH, thank you BPA.
I'm sure that'll change soon, if it hasn't already, and the whole
fees/taxes/plates
thing will be along soon, if it isn't already.  What was that about Death, and
Taxes?

WA is one of the few States where an EV driver really CAN be smug about
his impact on air quality.  (Hydro, nuke, solar, and wind together supply the
bulk
of our electrical energy.)

Of course, it'll only take ONE surprise EV fire that starts a forest fire in
order to
wipe out all its air quality savings, for all time.  And that of every other
like model
made, in all likelihood.

-- Jim